Vineyard Half Marathon
March 10 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- ENTRY INFORMATION
- COURSE DESCRIPTION & MAP
- EVENT PROGRAM & BRIEFING
- EVENT RULES & CONDITIONS
- ACCOMMODATION & TOURISM
VINEYARD HALF MARATHON
|Saturday 10 March 2018||Sandalford Vineyard (Margaret River Wine Region)||Registrations close 4 March 2018|
Welcome to Sandalford Half Marathon and the weekend of endurance in the South West Vineyards.
The Vineyard Half Marathon is set in the Margaret River Wine Region in the Sandalford Vineyard and includes the 21.1km Half Marathon, 10km, 5km and 2.5km supporting distances. The event is a unique challenge in an area famous for it’s wine, surf beaches and picturesque environment.
The events suit all level of individual abilities and training while providing a challenge with distances that will suit everyone who wishes to experience the challenge.
- A scenic event course
- Race bag with products
- Over 18 competitors will receive a Sandalford Premium Wine
- Results emailed to all competitors
NOTE: Registration Fee includes Event Entry fee, Event Operations Fees, Permissions and Event Insurance.
|Distance||EARLY BIRD ENTRY FEE
TO 30 January 2018
|Vineyard Half Marathon
AFTER 1 February 2018
- + 2.5km open to 16 Years and Under
- Entry fees are non refundable
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com for family discount.
Close of Registration is Monday 4 March 2018
COURSE DESCRIPTION & MAP
COURSE DESCRIPTION & MAPDOWNLOAD COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MAP
The Sandalford Vineyard courses has less than 2 kilometres of sealed road and is conducted mainly on unsealed tracks. You will be running through Sandalford Vines, past large dams and over some undulations – it is all about running through the Vineyard.
Staring in the lower area of the Vineyard at the Music Bowl the course follows a scenic route along wide access roads and service tracks around the Vineyard and past the two large dams on the Vineyard. From the dams an incline to the highest area of the Vineyard gives stunning vies before cruising downhill to Metricup Road for a short stint on sealed road. From Metricup Road more tracks and Vines are passed on the entrance road to the finish at the Music Bowl.
EVENT PROGRAMMING & BRIEFING
EVENT PROGRAMMING & BRIEFING
The Sandalford Half Marathon (21.1Km), including a 10 kilometre, 5 kilometre and 2.5 kilometre event, is the most scenic Half Marathon in Western Australia. It is a unique off road journey winding through the Sandlaford Vineyard – a major Vineyard in the Margaret River Wine Region. All competitors (18+ years) will receive as part of their event package a Sandalford Cabernet Savignon valued at $45. Under 18 participants will receive Luscombe product or similar
Where: Sandalford Vineyard, Metricup Road, Wilyabrup (250km south of Perth)
Start / Finish Line
The race starts and finishes at the Sandalford Vineyard.
Event Day Timeline
Parking is in Sandalford Vineyard 500 with the entrance to parking 500 metres east of Caves Road off Metricup Road.
Parking signs and marshals will provide direction on event day.
Water and fluid replacement will be available every 2.5 kilometres with fluid replacement provided by BINDI Nutritional products
Toilets will be at the 5km and 10km points on the course.
Computerized Chip Timing by “All Bar None Event Timing”. This year there will be disposable chips. When you cross the finish line it is simply yours to keep.
- The Half Marathon will have a cut off time at the 10km mark of 1:35 Hours
- The 10km and 5km Courses will have a 2:00 hour cut off time
EVENT RULES & CONDITIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
GENERAL EVENT REGULATIONS
- All participants are required to complete the Event Registration entry form with accurate and correct information. Incorrect or incomplete information will not be entertained.
- An Event Confirmation and Information will be sent to the registered email address to confirm your race entry and provide final event details. If you did not receive the Race Confirmation and Information please contact the Event Management before the closing date.
- Participants who completed the Event Registration entry form agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the event that has been signed up.
- The Organizer reserves the right to accept or reject any entries without prior notice.
- Once the registration is being processed, there will be no refund for those who fail to show up for the event and/or withdraw from it.
- The event registration will only be confirmed when full payment of the entry fee is received.
- On-the-day event entries will be entertained WITH A LATE FEE.
- Any dispute or protest against another participant or any violation in the Event shall be made in writing to the on day Event Director within 30 minutes of her/his finish time.
- The Event Management reserves the right to use any photographs or recordings of the participants for any commercial or advertising purposes without prior notice.
- The Event Director / Event Technical Committee decision is final in the event of any dispute..
- To ensure that your event details are correct, please check your particulars upon receipt of the Race Confirmation Email and report the discrepancy from your intended registration to the organizers. Any changes thereafter may be subject to an administration charge.
- All participants should pick up their Race Packs and Goodie Bag on the Event Registration Day or Day which has been designated. Those who are unable to collect their Race Packs on that day, have to inform the Organizer in advance.
- All participants are required to attend the Event Briefing conducted by the Event Director
- All participants must ensure that their race numbers are clearly visible as required for the event and Timing devices used as directed.
- A grace period of 15 minutes after the commencement of the race will be given for latecomers. Anyone who reports later than this grace period will not be allowed to participate in the race. Latecomers should be aware that their timings would have commenced when the race begins.
- A participant may be disqualified for the following reason(s):
- (a) Refusing to follow the rules and regulations and /or instructions given by the Event Director and/or Race Officials.
- (b) Consumption of alcohol, stimulants or any kind of prohibited drugs during or before the race under recognized policies
- Any participants decided to withdraw from the race should report to the Race Officials.
- All runners must ensure that their race numbers are clearly visible on the front of their running attires at all times.
- Bare torso is not allowed at all times. A top must be worn while on the Run course.
- Support vehicles or pacers are not allowed.
- No ipods or similar implements are allowed on the Run
- Relay disciplines are non-transferable among the team members and is not replaceable by another person unless done prior to the event start.
- For the Mixed Relay Team, each team must consist of at least one member of the opposite sex.
- The Relay Team participants will be provided with one timing band or wrist band that must be worn by the first person to start the race. The timing band or wrist band will then be passed on to the next competitor at the conclusion of the section.
- All the Relay Team runners are required to wait at a designated area to receive the timing band or wrist band from their team members before entering the transition area.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Organizer reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race.
- Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organizer reserve the right to further delay, modify or postpone the race without any refund of registration fees.
- Running is a physically demanding sport. Therefore, if you are unsure of your physical health condition, please seek medical advice from a medical professional before your register for the race.
- Participants are advised against the consumption of alcohol, stimulants or any kind of prohibited drugs before to the event.
- Participants are to ensure that they are physically prepared, well-rested and well-hydrated on the race day.
- Should a participant feels unwell in the course of the race, he/she should stop and seek immediate medical attention from the on-course ambulance or at the finishing area.
- If a participant is deemed to be physically incapable of continuing the race eg. severe dehydration, dizzyness, fainting; the Race Officials and/or Medical Practitioner has the rights to remove him/her from continuing the race. The Organizer’s decision is final in determining the removal/disqualification of the participant(s).
ACCOMMODATION / TOURISM
ACCOMMODATION / TOURISM
Voted one of the top 10 places to visit in the world by Lonely Planet, the Geographe Bay region is famed for its breathtaking natural beauty.
Here you will experience extraordinary. From the heights of the largest remaining Tuart forest in the world at the Ludlow Tuart Forest, to the depths of Australia’s greatest artificial reef at the Busselton Jetty. In between you will find hundreds more equally spectacular spots, and just as many ways to enjoy them.
Home to the vibrant seaside towns of Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup, 30kms of pristine, white sandy beaches fringe the renowned Margaret River Wine Region to create the perfect holiday playground.
Visit geographebay.com for a comprehensive accommodation, tour and transport booking service, information on the best things to see and do in the region and your free Visitor Guide and map. On arrival into the region be sure to drop into the Visitors Centres for friendly local advice.
|Busselton Visitors Centre
Beach end of Queen Street
Tel: (08) 9752 5800
|Dunsborough Visitor Centre
31 Dunbay Road
Tel: (08) 9752 5800