Equipment and Safety
An equipment checklist required for the event can be found here:
RACE EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST
Equipment – Mandatory
You will require the following equipment be used in the event. Failure to have equipment that is considered safe by event marshals may result in competitors not being allowed to start or complete the event.
- Bathers and Goggles
- Swim Cap (provided)
- Road or Mountain Bike in good condition
- An approved Bicycle Helmet that meets Australian Standards
- Five Bikes to each Bike Rack – arrive late do not take others space Bikes must be in safe mechanical condition and should be checked prior to the race.
- Bicycles must have bar ends at end of each handlebar.
- Bicycles should carry a full bottle of water at the start of the cycle leg.
- Suitable running shoes for a variety of terrain including path and beach
- Top for Cycle and Run
- Use caution at the start of the swim if you are not an experienced open water swimmer. Wave starts can be very crowded – start at the back or to either side
Equipment – Recommended
- Sunscreen – this is an event
- Hat with visor
- Protective eyewear
- Change of Clothes and warm gear
Hydration / Nutrition
- All competitors are responsible for their own general wellbeing in the event including, hydration and nutrition
- Apply Sunscreen and wear protective clothing during the event.
Garbage / Trash
- Leave no trace on the course
- At drink stations marshals will pick up discarded drink cups
Be Safe / Be Courteous
- MEDICAL – If you are over 30 years of age / or have not done much regular exercise, it is strongly recommended that you have a medical check up prior to the event